I am suffering from the dog days of August. Either that, or I’m just plain old garden variety down.
- I spent today alternating between eBay and Etsy, listing various and sundry for sale. Talk about a futile occupation.
- A spate of emails came in from people I last knew in high school and, if truth be told, remember best from grade school. One of our class died. I knew his name, but damned if I could remember who the hell he was or why he was deserving of the encomiums he was receiving. Once again, I am out of step with my peers.
- I thought about going to LA for Yom Kippur. Then I saw that I’d have to pay $300 for tickets to the temple I used to belong to. It’s very expensive to be a practicing Jew these days.
- Every day it seems I get another email trolling for link ads on MidLifeBloggers. Mostly I don’t respond because mostly they say something like “I am so eager to alert you to my constant reading of your wonderful site and how much your posts about college tuition and home loans mean in my life.” That constant reading must be sans vision.
- The midlife blogging group came back from BlogHer’12 fired up to claw their way into the lucrative laps of the MommyBloggers. There are no less than two Facebook groups devoted to this. Clearly the women populating them have a lot more free time than I do.
- Why don’t I have more free time? Simple. Because I must be doing something productive every moment of every day. Even my sleeping must be productive. I insist on it. Clearly I was raised with a Protestant ethic. Which is curious considering my whole family is Jewish.
- I overuse the word clearly.