Have you seen the trailer for Hyde Park on Hudson? It seemed to be playing before every movie I saw over Christmas. No? Then, go look:
Like what you see? I did. I couldn’t believe Bill Murray does the iconic Franklin Roosevelt so well. And Laura Linney is, well, the ever-excellent Laura Linney. After Spielberg’s Lincoln, it’s nice to see our historical past portrayed in a less Serious and Important manner.
The film showed in LA and NY in December for the obligatory week in order to qualify for Academy Award consideration. However, it is now open nationwide, and to mark that, Focus Features, the producers of Hyde Park on Hudson, are offering one MidLifeBlogger a chance to win a $50 American Express Gift Card. That’s a helluva night at the movies, popcorn included, for you and a friend.
Interested? Here’s what you have to do:
- After watching the trailer, tell us in the Comments the answer to this one question: What all-American dish was discussed serving to the Queen of England?
- Only one entry per person, please.
- You must be 18 to enter, but really why are you even reading MidLifeBloggers if you’re not in midlife?
- On January 11, 2013, the magic of random.org will select the lucky commenter. That means you have until 11:59 p.m. on January 10, 2013 to enter.
- The winner will be announced on this site on January 11 at which time I’ll need your email address so that Focus Features can send you your $50 prize.
Prizing provided by Focus Features
Update: And the winner is….Jamie of Jamie’s Got Game. Congratulations! Send me your preferred email address, so the people from Focus Features can contact you.