All of which is to say I’m somewhat discombobulated, what with all I have to do. All of which is an apology for less than regular posting on MidLifeBloggers and MidLife-Beauty. Still, I have this to say:
- Just as I’m about to leave Sacramento, there’s finally a lively bloggers group starting up here. Sacramento Bloggers (nifty name, no?) is the brain child of Margaret Andrews of Nanny Goats in Panties and Nicole Beaudry of In These Small Moments. Their goal, and I quote from their website is:
- “To build a community of local bloggers from the Sacramento area who can come together on occasion to celebrate, commiserate and confabulate about the joy and the not-so-joy of blogging.
- “To meetup IRL (in real life) because, well, because we are social, tribal creatures and need each other to survive.
- “To provide the option for members to participate in local business promotional events as they arise.”
- The first get-together for Sacramento Bloggers was held the other night at Le Rivage Hotel in Sacramento. You know about Le Rivage, don’t you? No, I didn’t either. And you should! We all should! It’s an incredible hotel by the river (le rivage, you know) that is incredibly elegant and incredibly intimate. It’s been around for several years, but the new manager, Mark Fitzgerald, has great plans for the hotel, both as a destination and as a fully-involved member of the Sacramento community. To that end, Mark and Lisa Burge put on an unforgettable evening for the 70 or so bloggers who attended. We were on the patio, with the river in view, and it was a gorgeous night. As you can see for yourself:
That glass you see? That was the special cocktail that Lisa Burge (@LeRivageLisaB) came up with for us, The Writer’s Block. It was vodka and St. Germaine and lemon and–yes, indeed. At the other end of the patio, Le Rivage had set up hot and cold hors d’oeurves, including smoked salmon and crab cakes. It was not your typical blogger fare, which considering that LeRivage is connected to Scott’s Seafood On The River is no surprise! Since this is the part of MidLifeBloggers where I make recommendations, let me recommend that you spend an evening or a weekend or a wedding at Le Rivage. It’s where I intend to go when I come back to visit the City of Trees.
- Finally, at last, and about time, on MidLife-Beauty is my review of the Lisette L slacks I mentioned here some time ago. They were dressy enough that I wore them to the blacktie dinner dance my nieces and nephew gave for their parent’s 50th wedding anniversary. Go have a look and see if you can see the family resemblance between my sister and me.